Re: [Tigers] Voltage Regulator ?

To: rfraser@bluefrog.com
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Voltage Regulator ?
From: Tony Somebody <achd73@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2009 17:23:05 -0800 (PST)
Duke- About the only thing I can think of that would allow the gen to drop out
at higher rpms are the brushes are about worn out or one of the brush springs
is so weak it allows the brush to loose contact at higher rpms.I have a newly
rebuilt unit and they are available locally as many where used on Tractors and
Im in farm country. A decent alt/generator/starter shop should fix you up
cheaply. Least wise the chaps I use here are very fair. I recently had two
alternators from a S3 rebuilt - my generators but going on a friends S2. $35
each and nither worked prior to them opening them up- Im not sure what all
they did besides bearing in one but at todays prices I was happy. I can get
you a price on a unit here- not sure if its new or rebuilt BUT it would be
heavy to ship.
TtT