[Tigers] Rootes East Coast distribution

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: [Tigers] Rootes East Coast distribution
From: milano164@comcast.net
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 16:55:18 +0000 (UTC)
--===============0711107975==

------=_Part_109326_283455897.1236704118203

I think there may have been a Rootes warehouse or something=C2=A0in Elizabe=
th, NJ., too.=20

In some paperwork I found with one of the race cars it was noted.=C2=A0 I'l=
l have to dig through=C2=A0my papers to see.=20

But on another note,=C2=A0 one of the Alpine race cars I had been tracking,=
 the=C2=A0one which Creed Smith ran in early IMSA (yes, really, IMSA in an =
Alpine) was bought from a Rootes person in Bayonne, NJ - which is all relat=
ively closely located to each other.=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0 Unfortuantely,=
 the car was destroyed=C2=A0 in the 90's but I still suspect this was the o=
ld factory car that Bob Grossman raced for a short while in 1963.=C2=A0 (ra=
n at Lime Rock's little Le Mans in 1963 then Watkins Glen... H.J. Meyer bou=
ght it and sold it to Jim Latimer the Detroit area Rootes Dealer)=20

I wish we had the opportunity to talk with one of the corporate Rootes peop=
le.=C2=A0 But I suspect there were only a few that had an overall picture o=
f activities in the Corporate office in NY/NJ.=20

Steve=20

------=_Part_109326_283455897.1236704118203

style='font-family: Arial; font-size: 12pt; color: #000000'><P>I think there
may have been a Rootes warehouse or something&nbsp;in Elizabeth, NJ., too.</P>
<P>In some paperwork I found with one of the race cars it was noted.&nbsp; I'll
have to dig through&nbsp;my papers to see.</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
<P>But on another note,&nbsp; one of the Alpine race cars I had been tracking,
the&nbsp;one which Creed Smith ran in early IMSA (yes, really, IMSA in an
Alpine) was bought from a Rootes person in Bayonne, NJ - which is all
relatively closely located to each other.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
Unfortuantely, the car was destroyed&nbsp; in the 90's but I still suspect this
was the old factory car that Bob Grossman raced for a short while in
1963.&nbsp; (ran at Lime Rock's little Le Mans in 1963 then Watkins Glen...
H.J. Meyer bought it and sold it to Jim Latimer the Detroit area Rootes
Dealer)</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
<P>I wish we had the opportunity to talk with one of the corporate Rootes
people.&nbsp; But I suspect there were only a few that had an overall picture
of activities in the Corporate office in NY/NJ.</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
<P>Steve</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>