[Tigers] thunderbird not sunbeam?

To: Beamclub <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] thunderbird not sunbeam?
From: michael king <michael.s.king@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2009 12:29:30 +1100
I saw this on flickr... i'm trying to work it out.

They say : "Shelby Sunbeam Tiger".. and we all know the issues with that..
but.

Look at the firewall.. doesnt match alpine or tiger.. it looks like they
have placed a V8 in without tucking it under the scuttle, but the scuttle
also looks a little shallow.. have they cut it back to just give a straight
engine compartment? It also seems to have a ford thunderbird grille and
headlamp eyebrows and the rear wing shows ellements of 55 thunderbird panel
pressing.. and the bonet is all wrong for a sunbeam too.

have they taged this wrong and its actually a thunderbird hotrod? im leaning
towards thinking this is a modified T-bird and not a sunbeam at all.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27587130@N02/3404959991/sizes/l/

--
Regards

Michael King