Re: [Tigers] Soft Top Recommendations

To: <fordlandia@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Soft Top Recommendations
From: "Wally Menke" <walmenke@bigpond.net.au>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 21:06:57 +1000
Bill

The Robins canvas top is the best, especially if your not worried about
total originality. The material has a lot of give and stretch in it where as
the original vinyl does not. This stretch makes the fit look a lot better
and it hold a lot better. The vinyl tops always have a crease down the side
that really never looks right in my opinion. I've had my car up to 120 mph
with the top up, no flapping or problem.

The trimmer who fitted my top has fitted many of the vinyl soft tops to
Sunbeams and says they are a nightmare to fit, and never fit well. He was
very happy with my canvas top, which was the first one he had fitted. He
planned on telling others not to bother with the vinyl tops in the future.

Yes they are more expensive but worth it!

Wally Menke
Melbourne
Australia