Re: [Tigers] Teething

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Teething
From: "Thomas Witt" <atwittsend@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2009 18:32:22 -0700
Theo,

  My understanding is that the roller rockers are still hydraulic (?).  If
that is the case given the metering system inside and sitting all those
years that might be your source.  I have a Mazda 323 that if it sits more
than three days it will have one of the lifters (actually damper in that
design) making a racket.  Drive it for about an hour and it goes away and
doesn't return until 6 months / a year later when it again sits for more
that three days.

Given your location relative to the Arctic Circle and the viscosity of oil
there it only adds to the problem - if in fact is the problem.
Tom