[Tigers] Stinkin PITA job...rear bearings

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] Stinkin PITA job...rear bearings
From: "Samouce's" <wsamouce@kc.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 9 May 2009 12:11:46 -0500
So I have checked the archives and the workshop manual and the rear bearings
look to be a major PITA to change.

The rear axle was recently off the car for a diff change and I can only
assume that he did not check the outer bearings.  Few questions -

1. How do I check to make sure the axle bearing are bad?
2. Where do I get said bearings and spacers (SS does not list them)?
3. Has anyone used a rental puller for the axle shafts, if so, which one?
4. Who is a good source to remove and press on the bearings to the shafts?

I just wanted to wash the car and do fun aesthetic things before
SUNI.....not so much.

TIA and who want to travel to Fort Leavenworth to help me ;>)

Duke
B382002037