Re: [Tigers] axle bearing part numbers

To: Tony Somebody <achd73@yahoo.com>, Tiger's Den
Subject: Re: [Tigers] axle bearing part numbers
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@SoCal.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 29 May 2009 14:40:07 -0700
Tony and Tigers,

I found the rear axle bearing assembly on the Tiger Parts Manual  at
TigersUnited.com
 <www.tigersunited.com/resources/parts_rs260/FactParts.asp>

There are NO part numbers for Rootes 5042684 Rear Axle Bearing, but the
version we published has an annotation "Timken 25577", put on by the
contributer - Peter MacDonald at Coquilam, Canada.

This part is the outer cone only, I'm told, being the most likely
replacement part.

at AGSupply
<http://agsupplyonline.com/.sc/ms/cat/Bearings--Timken%20Tapered%20Roller%20Bearing>

Found Timken 14276 Tapered Cup outer bearing race (cup) for $4.56,
and
Timken 25577 inner bearing assembly  $17.59

Search for these numbers.

This is an Agricultural supply company, (1-800-356-2336 opt 1), but
phone orders are a little more expensive than web-site store.

AND

Baum Hydraulics <http://www.baumhydraulics.com>/home
1-800-228-9222
has the cup for $8.09 and the inner bearing assembly for $29.63
There is also a Chicago Rawhide seal - 25577 for $14.20

Oil Seal Number             Cost       Housing Diameter     Width (in.)
       25577                     $14.20             3.50"
       0.438

Timken Outer Cup       Cost                Length
 (Race)
       14276                     $8.09              2.7170"
     0.6250

Timken Inner Bearing    Cost          Cone Bore                 Length
(Cone)
        25577                   $29.63            1.688
     1.00

Good Fortune,

Steve

___