Re: [Tigers] axle bearing part numbers

To: "'Steve Laifman'" <SLaifman@SoCal.rr.com>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] axle bearing part numbers
From: "A. C. Tynes" <v8tracker@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 29 May 2009 21:20:04 -0500
I have a slight recollection that ball and roller bearing and race part
numbers are standardized among all manufacturers. A "25577"  would be the
same, at least in theory, whether made by Timken or Joe Doakes Bearing
Company. Maybe seals for ball and roller bearings, also? Anybody else
remember this?

A. C. Tynes
New Orleans