Re: [Tigers] Centerforce

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Centerforce
From: Sandy Ganz <sganz@pacbell.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2009 12:47:06 -0700 (PDT)
Check the couple of Cobra, TM, Ford Motors :)  kit sites/forums (I can't
remember Kirkaham, Superformance, FF) but early Mcleod's Hydraulic TRB's had a
bad problem and seems to also have complaints on fluid line connections as I
recall. This was a couple of years back. I was looking at them and came across
many threads about them failing, but after some point (McLeod) seemed to
correct the problem. I also looked at the Tilton line and they had a products
that looked good. Tilton has several types of H-TRB's the one I picked was for
the stock style bell housing where you replace the front shaft support and
screws the H-TRB onto that. I think it is somewhere in the Archives of the
Tiger list maybe about 1 year of so ago. But all of them seem to have a higher
fail rate then the external push/pull and you have to yank the trans when it
fails. The last note is that setup is critial with these type of H-TRB's. They
must be set up with proper master cylinder
 size and potentially a stop on the pedal to prevent overstroke of the
cylinder which can result in 2 problems, one if you're using a double/triple
plate clutch a quick way to ruin it due to over engaging/stroking the PP, and
the other is pushing the piston too far out of the bore of the H-TRB. Lot's of
READ THIS FIRST and WARNINGS on the installation instruction!

The nice thing
is that the H-TRB does is get rid of a bunch of stuff in an already tight area
of the car. 2 Hoses out the bell and your done. I think I had part numbers for
the tilton one up on the gtsparkplugs.com site but I can't remember now...
HTH

Sandy