Re: [Tigers] Selling a Tiger out of the USA

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Selling a Tiger out of the USA
From: "Curt" <choffman9@cinci.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2009 17:07:26 -0400
I sold a Mustang to a guy in Germany a few years ago. He wired the money to
my account where I confirmed with the bank that he could no longer remove it
and it was good. I then sent a copy, as I recall, of the title to him via
fax. Teh original stuff all went with the car when it was picked up. He
arranged the shipping and had a truck come to pick up the car at my house
for shipping to the dock for sending via ship. I did drive the car about a
mile to where it was convenient to get on the truck. As I recall I left the
plates on it as well. It all went well. Truth of the matter all the risk was
on his side but I had sent him a pile of pictures and we emailed a long
time. He had sent me a deposit to hold the car.

Given I had never sent a car to Germany before I asked him to send me a
picture of the car by his house. He emailed me one several weeks later. Took
awhile to get the car.

Curt Hoffman

> TERRY MORRIS wrote:
>> I have a offer to sell my Tiger to a person in Germany. How do I go
>> about the plates and registration on it if I sell it? The plates are
>> personal plates, do I remove them or do I leave them on the car?
>> Should I schedule an appt. with CA DMV? I know you guys will help I've
>> been a lurker here a long time and have gotten a lot of info from you
>> off the list.

clip_image002.gif]