Re: [Tigers] having tires mounted that you don't purchase

To: "tigers@autox.team.net" <tigers@autox.team.net>, Brad Huff
Subject: Re: [Tigers] having tires mounted that you don't purchase
From: <awtiger@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 16:46:00 -0400
Hey, Cullen:

I know this comment will mean something to you since you and I live in the
same area so I beg the forgiveness of the list right off the bat.

If I were you, I'd be very concerned over where you take your nice wheels to
have ANY work done on them at all.  Case in point...I used to own a '89 Saleen
Mustang and one day I picked up a nail in one of my tires.  I removed the
wheel and took it to Hibdon Tire Center in Edmond.  I had previously called
them and inquired about their experience regarding working with
out-of-production and expensive wheels and they assured me that they had a
"touchless" tire machine and there was no way they would damage my wheel.  To
make a long story short, the pimply-faced idiot in the shop bent the sh*t out
of my wheel rim.  In fact, I caught him trying to beat it back into shape with
a hammer!!!!  After going absolutely ballistic on the manager, I took the
wheel to "The Wheel Connection" over on Meridian and had them repair it.  I
then presented the bill to the DA over Hibdons and, to his credit, he paid me
for the repair work ($150.00).  To this day, if I ever have ANY wheel or tire
work whatsoever done on the Tiger or the Alpine, "The Wheel Connection" is the
only place I'll go.  They specialize in restoring damaged wheels and know how
to handle them.  To date, they've handled both sets of wheels for my Tiger (my
LAT 70s and my  magnesium American Racing Silverstones) and have done an
outstanding job on both occasions.

Be very careful who you let handle your wheels!!  I would most definitely stay
away from the "average Joe" wheel and tire stores when it comes to specialty
wheels.

Just FYI,
Andy Walker
Edmond, OK