Re: [Tigers] Headlamp Flasher

To: Bill Rogers Motorsport Memories <milward@roadrunner.com>, Tiger's
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Headlamp Flasher
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@SoCal.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Aug 2009 13:56:07 -0700
Bill,

Here is the direct quote from the Factory Workshop Manual (pp 26):

Headlamp flasher switch (if fitted)

http://www.tigersunited.com/resources/wsm/wsmN26.asp

*/"The direction Indicator switch also incorporates the switch for
flashing the headlamps, this is achieved by moving the lever stalk
towards the steering wheel and in so doing an Insulated spring-loaded
plunger, operated by the Inner end of the lever, is depressed to make
switch contact so that both headlamps Illuminate and will
 remain so until upward pressure on the lever is released. When the
lever is released the switch will return to the OFF position under the
influence of its spring and the headlamps will extinguish.

Headlamp flashing can be accomplished irrespective of the lever
position, i.e., whilst using either direction Indicator.

When the headlamp flasher system is functioning correctly, each
application of the switch lever in the upward direction will illuminate
both headlamps.

Should either headlamp fall to illuminate a check is to be made to
ensure that the connections to the headlamp are secure, if on inspection
the connections are found to be satisfactory the lamp unit is to be
changed for one which is known to be serviceable.

In the event of both headlamps falling to illuminate when the switch is
operated, the circuit from the switch to terminal I on the fuse unit is
to be checked. If after test the switch is found to be defective, it
must be renewed as the switch is irreparable."
/*
http://www.tigersunited.com/resources/wsm/wsm1.asp

and the Electrical Wiring Diagram(s) (Bill Gegg) are at:

http://www.tigersunited.com/resources/wsm/wsmN35.asp

Although I can't seem to find the light horn on either the Mk I or Mk II
page.

There is no apparent part numbers in the "Tiger Parts List Supplement",
as only Tiger peculiar parts are listed and the rest are in the Alpine
Parts List.

http://www.tigersunited.com/resources/parts_rs260/FactParts.asp

Steve

___