Re: [Tigers] early shifter knobs (150358810575)

To: MTaylor@ea.com (Taylor, Matthew)
Subject: Re: [Tigers] early shifter knobs (150358810575)
From: wwwdg@webtv.net (David or Gary)
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2009 13:08:14 -0700
Probably 25 years ago when my brother David and I bought an early Mk1
Tiger #24. It has the normal Tiger shift knob. We noted Tigers in period
magazines had the Cobra shift knobs so we started looking for the Cobra
knob to put the "correct" knob on #24. At an STOA club meeting we were
talking to Terry Taylor about it and he said Ian Garrad liked the Cobra
knob and he put one on all the cars that he drove at the time and those
cars were the ones used in the magazine articles. Terry believed the
Cobra knob was only used on cars Ian Garrad put them on. Matthew Taylor
ask your father about this.
I don't remember if car #33 mentioned earlier with the Cobra knob was
purchased new or used. Of course #24 could have had the knob replaced
sometime in its life.
Gary Franchi