Re: [Tigers] (Non-Tiger) Fuel pressure falls off with temp?

To: "'Cullen McCann'" <cmccann@lwpb.com>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] (Non-Tiger) Fuel pressure falls off with temp?
From: " Ron Fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2009 16:14:54 -0400
Cullen
        I'm not real familiar with the fuel system on the Ford Truck but it
is possible there is a filter sock on the tank pickup tube, it might be
split or collapsing.    Another possibility is that there is something in
the tank that is clogging the pickup tube.   So Check the tank for
contamination of any kind.

        I had an 83 Escort that would stall too often.  I finally dropped
the fuel tank and found a large jelly like blob that would cover the pickup
tube filter sock and stall the engine.   I had to use about a Qt of Lacquer
thinner to dissolve the blob.

Ron Fraser