Re: [Tigers] Autoweek OOOOPS photo

To: "J. Nichols" <jxnichols@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Autoweek OOOOPS photo
From: parlanti@comcast.net
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 23:31:26 +0000 (UTC)
I guess I'll have to take credit for the photo and tell the story.

When I owned my first Tiger, which was quite rusty, I acquired a rust free
Alpine for donor sheet metal. I eventually decided it would be better to find a
better Tiger to start with than to go that route. After finding a nice clean
restorable car, it was time to sell the old one which included the Alpine
shell. The new owner drove the Tiger home and I told him to bring a trailer to
pick up the Alpine. Well, he shows up with the Volvo wagon and insists that we
can put the Alpine on top. I kept trying to dissuade him, but no go. He had
brought a couple of 2x12s that we laid across the hood and top of the
windshield and pushed the car up the ramp. It scratched the hell out of the
car. He then proceeded to tie everything down. I was sure that at the first
quick stop, the Alpine would slide right off, but apparently he made it all the
way home to West Virginia. Oh, by the way, I made him sign a form absolving me
of any responsibility before he left.

And now you have the rest of the story...

Joe Parlanti
1966 Sunbeam Tiger B382000026
1959 Abarth Zagato 750GT