Re: [Tigers] Hood Floating

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Hood Floating
From: "Thomas Witt" <atwittsend@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 12:49:05 -0700
>>>For some strange reason I don't want to find this out myself.<<<

Your right Steve, you DON'T!  I have no Tiger experience, but on a Datsun
510 I have had a rear hinged hood fly up on me at 55 MPH on a busy LA
freeway!  One other thing to consider with the front hinged set up is if you
had to slam on the brakes with the hood floating... the possibility exists
(not sure how likely, but possibly) it could flip forward. And with the
inertia it likely would do some damage.

 I have this "Three Stooges" vision of your Tiger with locked brakes sliding
to an intersection.  At the last moment (the forward inertia exceeds the
wind pressure from the slowing car and...) the hood folds forward and knocks
out a pedestrian in the crosswalk.  :-)

Tom