Re: [Tigers] Hood Floating

To: Steve Sage <fastsage@cox.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Hood Floating
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@SoCal.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 11:58:10 -0700
Steve S.,

A standard louver allows air to move from a high pressure area to a low
pressure area.  The NACA (NASA) duct is not designed to be an air
outlet.  Instead, it is used in aircraft as a"submerged" inlet.  For
cooling purposes, it allows air to be drawn in with a minimal air flow
disturbance.

It is commonly used for aircraft and racing cars. They have been tried
at speeds much more than twice 90 mph.

An excellent short article can be found at:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NACA_duct

Illustrated, with lots of references.  Note aircraft and Ferrari
applications.  None leave the "hood" open.

Steve

___
Steve Laifman
Editor - TigersUnited.com