Re: [Tigers] One of a kind Cobra

To: David T Johnson <djoh797014@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] One of a kind Cobra
From: michael king <michael.s.king@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Oct 2009 10:28:17 +1100
2009/10/4 David T Johnson <djoh797014@yahoo.com>

> At the Chicago British Car Festival a few years back we had a real.
> 1934 Aston Martin LeMas Replica.  After winning the 24 Hrs of LeMans
> Aston Martin made 3 exact replicas of the winning car.  This was
> one of the three. Now that's what I cansider a replica.
>
> In my mind this 'Cobra' is just another of many kit cars.

Fraser Nash built "replicas" of their won cars, they were spec cars of the
ones that did well on the targa florio  and at LM. They were a production
model and known as a replica.

I know someone here in AU with a 427 Kirkham, the car is period perfect,
correct side oiler, box hubs, halibrands goodyears etc.. all the mechanical
and electrical componeets are correct parts, the body is a thing of beaurty
as in the chassis, it has been made to correct spec and in my opinion more
of a correct car than the "continuation cobras" shelby has authorised with
fibrerglass bodies (from what i hear they are stiffer and better handling
than the ally cars).. you can order a "correct" Kirkham.. or a updated one..
either way, one of the better corba options out there.. and if you choose,
it can give the SAME driving experience as a real one.

Its like the bugatti, alfa and lancia D50 replicas some people builf.. you
can have a "tool room copy" or one that is a homage to the original with
upgrades.

just my .02c