Re: [Tigers] One of a kind Cobra

To: dsmtjoy@cox.net, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] One of a kind Cobra
From: drmoonstone@aol.com
Date: Wed, 07 Oct 2009 16:00:43 -0400
In regards to Cobra bodies from the old mans company there were three
choices in the kits and roller kits.

1. The Kirkham hand made body  (no longer available through Shelby)
2. A stamped aluminum body made in Poland
3. The fiberglass body that is made at the prison just north of the
L.V.

All of course cost different amounts. With the Kirkham body being hand
made it comes closer to the "real" thing. It is interesting that when
you get a group of Cobra owners together they argue about color, body
contours and the like. The fact is that every Cobra was different,
being hand made. The color was mixed new each week and by eye, so in a
manner of speaking no blue is right. This information comes from the
man in charge of the Shelby continuation line. I got to spend an
evening in the L.V. plant after hours and was even told to call Bob the
next time we came back to L.V. so we could take one of the Series One
cars out for the day.

Moonstone