Re: [Tigers] Tiger at Russo and Steele auction.

To: Dave Munroe <dave@munroe.ca>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Tiger at Russo and Steele auction.
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@SoCal.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Nov 2009 11:56:19 -0800
Dave,

There are 2 "Dzus" fastener connector sets mounted on the left and right
rear back edges of the Tiger trunk "floor".  These are
aircraft-motorcycle type panel connectors that use a tool or coin to
twist the large screw head to lock and unlock positions.

The one underneath the "floor" is mounted on a right angle support, and
looks like an "S" shaped wire.  That support is fastened with two screws
each to the rear trunk panel.

It is stock on a Tiger, but not used on Alpines.

Here is a link to "installation" instructions of a similar design, under
"installation".

http://www.s-sengineering.com/

There is an article on TigersUnited.com that details Carpet Installation
by Dave Johnson and Frank Marrone.  There are lots of good detail on
this task, some pictures of my car (as taken by that  "#&%!" pigeon, and
my trunk compartment.  The vinyl pebble grain folding top boot, backed
side panel boards, and part of the spare tire / battery cover.  The
rearward end of this (not visible) has the Dzus fasteners.

http://www.tigersunited.com/techtips/MarroneCarpet/rt-MarroneCarpet1.asp

Steve

___
Steve Laifman