Re: [Tigers] Tiger at Russo and Steele auction.

To: Rob Guerra <bomber44@comcast.net>, michael king
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Tiger at Russo and Steele auction.
From: Tony Somebody <achd73@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2009 12:33:37 -0800 (PST)
Dave- if you look on your Tiger you will find 2 screw holes in the places you
see the lugs. I have a set someplace but like your car, many are missing.
Notice the false floor and you will see two turn clips- I think a wide blade
screwdriver or a .25 cent piece will trun them. The lugs you see have a hole
with a wire across the hole. When the platform is down and you have the twist
locks in place they are designed so as they turn -they are barell shaped with
a S type cut out up the sides- as you turn they tighten on the wire and holds
the platform down- locks it in place. Im certain someone else could describe
them better but they are orginal to the car-If they where in the first or
introduced later I dont know- the MT screw holes will tell if a Tiger had them
and I think all Tigers did- another  way to tell an original platform as
well.
TtT