[Tigers] Hard top leading edge rubber

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: [Tigers] Hard top leading edge rubber
From: Rollright@aol.com
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2010 16:01:14 EDT
Hello,

I really need some help, please. (please!)

Yesterday, Gary and I spent  at least an hour and a half trying  to install
the rubber strip that attaches to the leading edge of the hardtop,  and
buffers between the hardtop leading edge and the windshield frame. It  was
purchased from Sunbeam Specialties and came with no installation  instructions.

This long rubber strip both slides/fits over the leading edge of the
hardtop, and has, as an additional fixing device, a strip (male) that fits
into
a channel that is riveted just inside of the leading edge of the  hardtop
(on the underside). Sort of tongue in groove. Tongue on the rubber  strip,
groove just on the inside of the hardtop.

The problem: We can't seem to get the rubber fixed firmly into the riveted
slot/channel.

We tried sliding it in from either side, using first water, then waterless
hand soap. It was plenty lubed. Sliding starts ok, then as you attempt to
slide  past the corner bend, and out it comes. Again and again and again.

And we tried placing the rubber along the length and pushing the trailing
edge of the rubber into the groove with a screw driver. Problem is, you
can't see the front of the channel and just doesn't work into place and  stay.

There must be others that have faced this issue and solved it. Can you
please help? We are at wit's end...

Jim  Armstrong
Mk 1A 382002083
LRXFE