Re: [Tigers] Hard top leading edge rubber

To: <Rollright@aol.com>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Hard top leading edge rubber
From: MAURO D'ANGELO <m_dangelo@verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2010 18:07:29 -0400
I had the same issues on both my hard and soft tops.  The soft top's rubber
was much softer than the hard top's, just as a point of interest.  I
finally, after the ground hog day experience (again, and again, and again)
got mine in on my hard top -- only to find that I had installed it
backwards.  Aaarrrggghhh.  So out it came and more wrestling.  As it turns
out, I did the same thing Dave did.  That is, I put the inside lip of the
rubber in its respective groove about six inches at a time, then with a slot
head screwdriver, shoehorned the outside edge in.  Then I did the same thing
for the next six inches, and so on and so on, until I reached the other end.
Rather than using adhesive on the ends, I just crimped the ends of the slot
down.  It's pretty soft metal.  I just did my soft top today and it took me
less than 20 minutes (maybe because the rubber was softer it was easier.
Anyway, once you get into the groove (pun intended) it gets easier.  Take
your time and try not to let frustration get to you.  Cheers.  Mauro