Re: [Tigers] Tiger Engine Installation Techniques Re: just a test

To: "'MAURO D'ANGELO'" <m_dangelo@verizon.net>, "'Steve Ralsten'"
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Tiger Engine Installation Techniques Re: just a test
From: " Ron Fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2010 00:22:02 -0400
Mauro

        The manual shows an engine picker that you might as well call a
crane and you will need about 20' of clear head room to pull it out the top.
Not impossible but maybe depending on your garage.

        Wow, it has been a very long time since I pulled the engine/ tran
out the bottom.   I removed the crossmember, exhaust, carb, valve covers,
radiator, fan, pulleys, water pump, generator, oil filter system and
bumpers.  I had a very low dolly with a wood engine cradle.  I lowered the
body and engine onto the dolly and disconnected the engine mounts.  A friend
of mine happened to stop by at this time and we picked the front of the body
up, pivoting on the rear wheels, roll it back off the engine.

        I reversed this procedure to install the engine.

Use every convenience you have on hand to make the engine removal and
installation as painless as possible.

Ron