Re: [Tigers] Tiger Engine Installation Techniques Re: just a test

To: <CoolVT@aol.com>, <mark.rense@ge.com>, <m_dangelo@verizon.net>,
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Tiger Engine Installation Techniques Re: just a test
From: "Lynn Wall" <cars@wt-inc.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2010 07:35:05 -0700
I could not agree more.

I made a dolly for the crossmember.  Best idea I have ever had since the
center of gravity is inconveniently located in mid air.  This can be made
fairly high.  I even added a centering "socket" for my jack.  I just roll
the jack in place and lift.

Second best idea I had was to make a dolly for the engine.  Make this one as
low as possible so that you need to lift the car as little as possible.
This is also a great work platform depending on what you are working on.  I
made mine stout enough to serve as a "run-in" stand for breaking in my
motors before installing in the car.  It paid for itself when I discovered
the leaky rear main before I installed it in the car.

The couple of hours required to make these two items will save you may more
in my opinion.

Good luck and keep some bandages close by.

Lynn