Re: [Tigers] Book of Norman price poll (results)

To: atwittsend@verizon.net, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Book of Norman price poll (results)
From: CoolVT@aol.com
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 18:18:09 EDT
Tom,
If you can come up with about 10 more at your $310 price, I'd like to
invest. I pay the shipping.

In a message dated 4/12/2010 6:13:41 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
atwittsend@verizon.net writes:

A number  of weeks ago I offered to tabulate the price that was paid for
the
Book of  Norman.  I had only 14 respondents.  Some were guessing on the
price
and others included a final price with tax and shipping, but no breakdown.
Regardless, here are the results:

Six people responded that they  had paid $58 which I believe to be the
original asking price.

Three  people stated they each paid $55, $60 and $70 respectively.  This
probably equates to the $58 plus some form of shipping, tax or a rough
guess
estimate.

One person stated they believe they paid  $25.

One person said they paid $48, but they had giving information to  the
author
and were discounted for that.

On the higher end two  people replied with $200 and $400 payments.

Lastly, one respondent  stated that the Book of Norman cost them
$45,857.73.
Any  guesses???

So, there you have it.  Not much of a poll.  Well  we tried. And..., no
thanks I'd rather not do it twice (too much going  on).

Closing thoughts: Frankly I can think of no other investment I  have ever
made (including real estate) that on a percentage basis has  appreciated
more
than the $310 I paid for my Book of Norman.  More  so, even in bad times it
is still in demand and doesn't require a broker  to sell.

Thanks to all who participated.

Regards,  Tom