[Tigers] Book of Norman price poll (results)

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] Book of Norman price poll (results)
From: "Thomas Witt" <atwittsend@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 14:43:03 -0700
A number of weeks ago I offered to tabulate the price that was paid for the
Book of Norman.  I had only 14 respondents.  Some were guessing on the price
and others included a final price with tax and shipping, but no breakdown.
Regardless, here are the results:

Six people responded that they had paid $58 which I believe to be the
original asking price.

Three people stated they each paid $55, $60 and $70 respectively.  This
probably equates to the $58 plus some form of shipping, tax or a rough guess
estimate.

One person stated they believe they paid $25.

One person said they paid $48, but they had giving information to the author
and were discounted for that.

On the higher end two people replied with $200 and $400 payments.

Lastly, one respondent stated that the Book of Norman cost them $45,857.73.
Any guesses???

So, there you have it.  Not much of a poll.  Well we tried. And..., no
thanks I'd rather not do it twice (too much going on).

Closing thoughts: Frankly I can think of no other investment I have ever
made (including real estate) that on a percentage basis has appreciated more
than the $310 I paid for my Book of Norman.  More so, even in bad times it
is still in demand and doesn't require a broker to sell.

Thanks to all who participated.

Regards, Tom