Re: [Tigers] Balancing and flywheel confusion

To: wsamouce@kc.rr.com
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Balancing and flywheel confusion
From: Owain Lloyd <owain.lloyd@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2010 18:40:32 +0200
based on my own experience (for what its worth...):

yes, 157 unless you have a particularly odd bell housing.  do you have the
part no?  no need to rebalance if you are sure its balanced well for 28"oz.
not sure about centreforce, but the mcleod flyweels have removable weights
for zero, 28, 50"oz balance.  billet steel works well unless you really want
aluminum.  aluminum makes driving the car quite hard, especially with the
tiger pedals and your size - better for all out race cars i think.  its
easier to rev match down shifts with a steel flywheel.  i have a steel one
and the engine still revs extremely quickly as it breaths well.   use a 10"
or 10.5" clutch.  10" is actually fine on the tiger but i found the mcleod
flywheel was only drilled for 10.5" dowels.  it had holes tapped for the 10"
pressure plate though so i used it without dowels.  it has no vibrations and
is smooth.  it's taken a good beating for a couple of years (Centreforce II)
and is still fine.  check the flywheel holes but 10.5" is more common.  10"
is stock tiger.  no sure about 11" - it might not even fit on a 157 tooth
flywheel.