Re: [Tigers] Balancing and flywheel confusion

To: <wsamouce@kc.rr.com>, <TIGERS@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Balancing and flywheel confusion
From: " Ron Fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2010 13:08:30 -0400
Duke
        I have never gone through the balancing process but I highly
recommend it.  I suggest you talk to a shop that does that kind of work.

Early V8s were balanced to 28 oz; beginning in 1985 balance was changed to
50 oz.

My 260 flywheel has a casting # C3OE-6380B and the ring gear is 13.25" OD,
Ford P/N is C4OZ-6375-A
clutch disc is 10" OD,  Ford P/N is C3OZ-7550-A

I don't have much information about flywheels and bellhousings; so I suggest
you assemble the flywheel and bellhousing on the engine and see if the
starter engages the flywheel.  Actually you can do this with the flywheel,
clutch cover plate and the starter.   If the starter will engage the ring
gear correctly your OK; if not you need a different flywheel.

Hope this helps some.

Ron Fraser