[Tigers] Advice req'd on engine noise - URGENT

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] Advice req'd on engine noise - URGENT
From: "Pointers" <gpointer@telusplanet.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2010 15:20:12 -0500
Listers with engine experience, pls weigh in. Have been following and
benefited tremendously from this list for a decade...now I need you guys to
come thru in spades, or it'll be a long summer!

Near the end of a morning outing where I was just warming up the oil for
changing, running it up to 60 MPH on hard acceleration (not high revs),
thought I heard something ticking at the stop light. When back home, sure
enough, there was a tick/knock coming from the passenger bank. Best I can
describe is not a real tick, but not a solid bottom end knock either.
Something in-between that, mid-block (if I'm making any sense), quite audible.
Anyhow, parked it while I sought advice and searched the net. Got varied info.
Summer ended (Canada). Was going to trailer it to storage (`10 miles), but
thought I'd fire it up, and low and behold, no noise! None whatsoever. After
about 5 miles, no prob, so applied full throttle to 60 MPH, and the exact same
noise was present again.

Time to park the dog sled team, fetch the car from storage and tackle the
issue. All suggestions appreciated. The winning recommendation gets to share
the bill! (My wish is for a simple remedy...engine cleaner oil additive...that
sort of thing. Anything requiring more time + $ may not get done soon).

Engine = 302 with stock internals.

Gary Pointer
St. Albert, Alberta