Re: [Tigers] Advice req'd on engine noise - URGENT

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Advice req'd on engine noise - URGENT
From: "Mark44124" <mark44124@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2010 10:32:04 -0400
I remember pulling into the garage once and hearing a very audible ticking.
Thinking it was a lifter or loose rocker I pulled off the valve cover and
checked all the pushrods. Everything was tight. Started up the engine and
noticed the ticking was the same volume and timbre when cold. Turns out that
a plug wire had worked loose enough to form a gap between the plug end and
the connector. The sound was the arcing of the spark across the gap. A new
set of wires cured that easily. Sometimes it is the easy stuff.

If you do determine that it is a lifter and not a rocker and the Risoline
does not cure it, installing a high volume (NOT high pressure) oil pump can
usually cure that.

Bugz