Re: [Tigers] Battery replacement time

To: Rollright@aol.com, tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Battery replacement time
From: CoolVT@aol.com
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 15:52:13 EDT
Jim,
I live where it never gets really warm and I put my  car away for the
winter so it never gets either of the extremes.  I measure  how large of a
space
I have for a battery and how long the cables are and then  get the biggest
thing that will fit.
For years I automatically bought Sears Die Hards just  because I've had
good luck with them.  Over the past few years when  Consumer Reports did tests,
two of the best batteries were the ones sold at  WalMart (believe it or
not) and ones sold at Costco. They are both less than $90  and there are plenty
of stores around.  Consumer reports tested them in  both cold and hot
extremes.  Apparently the ones for the north have a "N"  in the code and a "S"
for  the lower states.
Mark L

In a message dated 4/20/2010 3:21:37 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,