Re: [Tigers] Nitrogen filled tire fad

To: <spook01@comcast.net>, "Paul R Sheahan" <sunbeamtiger@prodigy.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Nitrogen filled tire fad
From: "Scott Hutchinson" <shutchin@netjets.com>
Date: Wed, 26 May 2010 12:28:41 -0400
I was told by our maintenance department that even if you dried the air
before you put it the tire there would still be enough water vapor that
when you got to altitude puddles would form from the condensation.  Then
they freeze and break loose on touchdown beating up the inside of the
tire.

It always amazes me how much nitrogen actually goes in to one of those
things.  I mean, look at a car tire.  35 maybe 40 psi.  Couple of feet
high.

A 737 main wheel tire is 4 feet tall and is inflated to 200 psi.

Scott Hutchinson
Director of Operations
NetJets Large Aircraft
O. 860.292.1191