[Tigers] 289 Dipstick (and 260 clutch) Questions

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: [Tigers] 289 Dipstick (and 260 clutch) Questions
From: mcdangerous@verizon.net
Date: Wed, 26 May 2010 13:54:23 -0500 (CDT)
Hi all. I'm just wrapping everything up before installing the Mk2 289 engine
and HEH-CF transmission into my Mk1A. The car is still untouched with its
original engine and transmission, being driven in its original configuration.
The clutch is beginning to slip a bit, which would be the impetus to just
install the 289 setup because I understand there are no adjustments for the 260
clutch and the engine has to be dropped to replace the clutch. THIS IS TRUE,
RIGHT? Please let me know if the clutch can be worked on with the engine in the
car (and what exactly is involved to do that). I will appreciate ANY advice re.

The original reason for this email was to ask about the Tiger's dipstick. The
dipstick that was on my 289 was bent up like a chicane. I'm pretty sure that's
not the way it should look. I have a 1960s Cal Custom cast aluminum oil pan on
the engine as well as the pressed steel one just in case I even need it. Does
anyone know if the Tiger's dipstick was unique to the Tiger? If not, when
buying a new dipstick, what should I buy? Is the right one the same one that
was used on the 1966 or 1967 Ford Mustang / Falcon / Galaxie / Fairlane? Any
advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. M