Re: [Tigers] Headers versus Cast Iron Exhaust Manifolds

To: "Would U. Believe" <porsche911E@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Headers versus Cast Iron Exhaust Manifolds
From: Tom Parker <tkparker1941@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2010 17:43:43 -0400
I just installed a set of Rick's (SS) headers. They went in with no
modification, although the collectors don't quite point to the frame holes.
The fit is tight, but not so tight that you can't work on the car. I had the
headers ceramic coated and installed a new Ford starter. I'm expecting a
performance gain. The car hasn't been started yet, so I don't know how much
gain there will be.

If you're running a stock (not L.A.T.) configuration the cast headers work
fine. NPD and Year One (I'm sure there are others) carry them for @ $400.00.
Rick's are $285 or so. If you're running a 4 BBL carb and Aluminum heads I
think the headers are a must. (That's only an opinion...)

As to my old manifold, it had been sorely abused. You wouldn't want it.

Tom