Re: [Tigers] Are This a Tiger?

To: Jim Sencindiver <jd.sencindiver@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Are This a Tiger?
From: Steve Laifman <slaifman@socal.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 03 Jun 2010 17:48:05 -0700
Jim,

See who actually signed the TAC certificate.  It is ON the certificate.
Norman's web site also contains a list of certified and assigned TAC
numbers:

http://www.rootes1.com/

I am getting very suspicious due to your statement about "spare tire tie
downs".  The Tiger does not  have "tie-downs". Here I am envisioning a
leather set of belts to hold the spare against the froward end of the
trunk to tie it down vertically in the convenient well (not used in a
Tiger).  The Tiger design  fits on the floor atop a welded stamped  bell
with an in-caged nut, and held with a center hole fitting plate and
bolted to the floor mount.

The Alpine mounted the tire vertically  at the front of the trunk
compartment.

Here are some Pics of Denis Mercier's Mk IA spare tire mounted.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?id=1360287247&aid=23591&l=f21ac448f1&s=40&hash=be4d7e7777b27c1b89f399d67213f99b

<cid:part1.07070901.05040704@socal.rr.com>

"Don't Look a Gift Tiger in the Mouth!"

    (Pic of Roaring Tiger - won't go through List)

Steve

Steve Laifman

Editor

http://TigersUnited.com