Re: [Tigers] #39 and Guards Red

To: "Tom Parker" <tkparker1941@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] #39 and Guards Red
From: "Armacost, Don Jr." <drarmacost@pmlights.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2010 17:52:23 -0500
We recently finished repainting a 27k all original Carnival Red '65.  While it
had been repainted twice, the jams, boot and under the bonnet were original.
The interior is original and after extensive cleaning and conditioning appears
as new. Same for the original top. The car was from Georgetown, Canada and had
been garaged and stored in a climate controlled garage. We were successful in
computer matching the color from several areas and were able to touch up areas
missing in the aforementioned areas perfectly as well as do a superior
exterior. Just remember there are many areas, such as the ones mentioned that
were not buffed out like the exterior and should appear as mildly flat and not
high gloss as do all the exterior bits that should be high gloss. We used a
single stage paint and experimented with varying degrees of flattener to match
the nonbuffed areas. It can be done!

Don Armacost Jr.
President CEO
Peterson Mfg. Co.

On Jul 2, 2010, at 2:36 PM, "Tom Parker" <tkparker1941@gmail.com> wrote:

> The problem is... regardless of where you get it, there's no such thing as
> "unfaded" 40 year old paint. My dash was somewhat lighter than the color we
> ended up with - and much less "intense" although it was a bit "brighter"
> than the original body paint. The windshield frame is discolored, probably
> because of the rubber seal. The inside of the boot was badly faded.
>
> So... basically, #39 is "Red, with a tough of Orange" (I think that's how
> Rootes described it). Looking a
>

> On Fri, Jul 2, 2010 at 2:51 PM, rande <rande@thecia.net> wrote:77
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> It's funny that I know several owners who painted their cars Guards Red.
At
>> the time, I thought they figured 'what's good for my 944 is good for the
>> catcar'but
>> maybe they were just tipped off by Doug or other restorer.
>>
>> The tip to bring a unfaded piece of the Tiger in to the paint mixer is a
>> good
>> one. I don't have a Carnival Red car (it's actually Deep Canyon Red /
>> Maroon)
>> but the two fuel tank retaining brackets in the trunk are #39 C.Red, and
>> maybe
>> someone trying to match the color can bring one of theirs to the mixer. It
>> comes
>> off with just three bolts.
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/drarmacost@pmlights.com

solely for the Recipient. If you are not the named addressee you should not
disseminate, distribute, copy or alter this email. Any views or opinions
presented in this email are solely those of the author and might not represent
those of Peterson Manufacturing and subsidiaries (Maxi-Seal Harness, Mission
Plastics North/Arkansas, Transworld, Vector Tool) . Warning: Although Peterson
Manufacturing and subsidiaries (Maxi-Seal Harness, Mission Plastics
North/Arkansas, Transworld, Vector Tool) has taken reasonable precautions to
ensure no viruses are present in this email, the company cannot accept
responsibility for any loss or damage arising from the use of this email or
attachments.