Re: [Tigers] Gas milage with different tires?

To: Thomas Witt <atwittsend@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Gas milage with different tires?
From: Jim <jim@island.net>
Date: Sun, 4 Jul 2010 18:41:17 -0700
Measuring the 'off car' circumferance doesn't give you a very accurate
'tire revs. Per mile' as it's compressed on the bottom making the
rolling diameter slightly smaller. When I sent the numbers to get a
custom speedo gear for my Sprite/B210 5 sp. Conversion they asked that
I mark the tire and ground with a chalk mark and then roll the car one
tire revolution and make another mark on the ground and take a
measurement between them to show 'rolling' circumferance...

Jim
B382000446

Sent from my iPhone