Re: [Tigers] Gas milage with different tires?

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Gas milage with different tires?
From: drmayf <drmayf@mayfco.com>
Date: Sun, 04 Jul 2010 22:11:28 -0700
resent, list owner said too big...
mayf

Duke, heck, unless you have an EFI setup where you can modify the tune
to get a specific table full of AFR values, then you wont need a
wideband setup. The ones that address 14.7 AFR or stoic conditons shoudl
be far and away enough.  You will always be trying to run best economy
which is lean in your case.  Unless you want to rejet and go auocrossing
or something then you want a best power AFR of about 12.5.  If that's
the case, then get an Innovate or similar with an ondash readout. I use
an Innovate LC-1 with an X-1 display which can also record I think (I
use a stand alone data logger so this is not important to me).  Spendy,
but, less so than a few years ago.  If you go with a race fuel then by
all means ge the less expensive one as leaded fuel kills sensors.

By a big box of jets lol...

Use the smallest stroke on the accel pump and a less aggressive accel
pump cam.  If that's the kind of carb you have.  Keep the air cleaner
very clean.

mayf