Re: [Tigers] exhaust follow up

To: Peter L <laurin212@yahoo.com>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] exhaust follow up
From: "Would U. Believe" <mcdangerous@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 2010 19:56:14 -0400
I have a new Sunbeam Specialties stainless system on my car.  To be honest,
I am not an expert on the sound of these engines, so it's hard to judge or
describe it.  I am used to sounds like sport mufflers on Porsches, Remus
sport systems on BMW M cars, etc.  Those get my blood flowing, so to speak.
I will tell you that I wish the Tiger had a more aggressive sound, which
absolutely does not mean louder or droning to me.  How can I describe the
sound of these mufflers?...  The car sounds pretty OK with the throttle wide
open, but it isn't at all a turn on to me when idling or running calmly.  I
have actually been considering the idea of replacing the mufflers with
something else to give it a more burbly, free-flowing sound.  Having said
all of that, there are no Tigers I've seen or heard on the road around me,
so maybe mine is as good as they should sound.  I can tell you that the
Cobra club meets up the street from me every Saturday and those cars sound
much cooler to me than my Tiger.  I hate to put down the Sunbeam Specialties
mufflers, but they honestly don't scratch my itch.  But you know what they
say about opinions...