Re: [Tigers] flooring

To: Tiger Man <Tigerman67@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] flooring
From: Chris Thompson <chris@cthompson.net>
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2010 23:11:11 -0400
I wouldn't say that porcelain is either clever or inexpensive, Steve,
but it *is* very different from standard ceramic.  It's main difference
is in being *very* resistant to impact damage.  Still, I wouldn't use it
in a heavily working garage.  But the question that started this thread
was whether to use to interlocking rubber-like floor tiles, which I
wouldn't use in any kind of working garage, either.  Or probably even in
a show garage, which is what it is intended for.  Porcelain is a good (I
think) compromise between the two.  My garage will be house a bunch of
cars that just need maintenance, not restoration, and there's a big
difference there in the garage environment......