Re: [Tigers] Oil Pressure

To: Dave Munroe <dave@munroe.ca>, "tigers@autox.team.net"
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Oil Pressure
From: "Smit, Theo" <Theo.Smit@dynastream.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2010 19:50:17 -0500
I haven't tried a modern oil pressure gauge on my engine, but it reads about
45-50 psi cold, 25 psi hot at idle . The pressure does come up as you rev the
engine, but it rarely goes above 50 PSI  on the gauge. This is a 120,000 mile
5.0 with worn bearings...

Custom block adapter (similar internal orifices to the Canton and Dale's
adapters), -10AN lines to a left-headlight mounted filter with a 90 degree
tubing bend on each line.

There is no flow through the gauge line, so there is no pressure drop across
the gauge line. The only thing that is influenced by the size of the gauge
line is how quickly the gauge might respond.

Theo