[Tigers] Heater Control Valves

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: [Tigers] Heater Control Valves
From: Rollright@aol.com
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2010 15:30:30 EDT
Hello,

After hearing from an old Tiger friend in need, I thought the list might
shed some light on this subject.

He need a Mk1A /  Mk 11 heater control valve. The last one I bought  was
from Curt at Classic. As a courtesy, I called and they were out of  stock.

Rick at SS didn't have them the last time I tried, but when I called
yesterday Richard said that they had just gotten them in. Good deal, data
passed
on to Paul Silva and the down-East baby seal-blubber purveyor Tod Brown.

But, are they rebuildable? Has anybody taken one apart? As they are so
rare, I've never thrown one away and I'll be most other Tiger owners still
have them "saved". What is inside? Is it just rubber discs? Has anybody  tried
it?

Thoughts?

Jim  Armstrong
Mk 1A 382002083