Re: [Tigers] Heater Control Valves

To: Rollright@aol.com, garywinblad@comcast.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Heater Control Valves
From: <e.coiner@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2010 7:32:46 -0700
There is a rubber domed "diaphragm" that seals the shat, There is a disc seal
that seals against the bottom of the valve.
Nobody I know makes those parts.  Would love to know if they do.
It is extremely tedious to undo the crimps in the casting so that they can be
redone after reassembly.
Sometimes you find that the conical metal seal surface at the bottom of the
valve body is corroded and you would have to machine the surface down in the
bottom of the hole.

Now that the mk1A type valve are available as a reproduction, I will never take
an original apart again.

Erich