Re: [Tigers] Crossover body Mk1 & front end w/ no horn holes

To: rfraser@bluefrog.com, allanballard@att.net, Landcmitch@aol.com
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Crossover body Mk1 & front end w/ no horn holes
From: FHSLOTH13@aol.com
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2010 10:59:27 EDT
TE/AE cooling articles were in January & February 2006 issues of the
Rootes Review. The testing and analysis were done by Tiger Tom and Chuck King
of
TE/AE. I blocked horn holes, added a smaller diameter pulley with a flex
fan and  saw a 25 degree drop in operating temperature in my stock 260 MKI.

I made my own plates out of thin sheet aluminum, using a cardboard template
 traced around the holes for a pattern. I used silicon caulk to hold the
plates  in place. This was done about 3-1/2 years ago.

Fred Baum
Editor, the Rootes Review

In a message dated 8/22/2010 10:27:41 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,