Re: [Tigers] Crossover body Mk1 & front end w/ no horn holes

To: rfraser@bluefrog.com
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Crossover body Mk1 & front end w/ no horn holes
From: Tom Parker <tkparker1941@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2010 11:36:16 -0400
Ron,

I looked too. It ain't there. Maybe another site?

TE/AE mentioned two things not mentioned so far: sealing the gap between the
cross member and the radiator (Possibly no more effective than the "Chin
Spoiler" you mentioned.) and an electric fan. (I'm assuming a pusher fan
because the distance between the stock radiator and the fan pulley (without
the fan) is, well, a bit close. I've read a few articles, probably in Tigers
United, about electric fans. A good place to start.

For those of us without fan shrouds, making one out of something like roof
flashing doesn't look like it's too daunting. It's difficult to enclose the
bottom of the shroud because of the steering rack, and challenging to block
the driver's side (LHD) horn hole if there's an oil cooler installed like in
the Mark 2. Once again, though, flashing could be made to close as much of
the gap as possible there, and completely close the other side. A bit
cheaper than the plates offered on E-Bay.

Tom
' 67 Mark 2 under re-construction.