Re: [Tigers] Alternate Rear End Gears

To: "'Rense, Mark \(GE, Appl & Light\)'" <mark.rense@ge.com>,
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Alternate Rear End Gears
From: " Ron Fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2010 13:11:25 -0400
Bugz
        The early Fox body Mustang had an overdrive 4 speed toploader.  I'm
not sure of the torque level these gears can take.   I believe the Fox body
toploader had an aluminum body but the overdrive gear set can be install
into the cast iron case.

Hot Rod Magazine Sept 1982 has an article about this; Top Loaded For Bear.

Aluminum 20% OD, Granada        EODR-7003-AA
Aluminum 30% OD, V8             E2ZR-7003-AA

OD toploaders were made by Tremac in Mexico and the article refers to Stick
Only of Sun Valley California.

Ron Fraser