Re: [Tigers] 2008 La Carrera Panamericana Tiger?

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] 2008 La Carrera Panamericana Tiger?
From: "Pointers" <gpointer@telusplanet.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2010 11:22:15 -0600
This prompted me to watch the show again last night.
If you have not seen it, you must. Part of the GT Racer series:
GT - Racer - "Carrera Pan-Americana Cross Country Race"
An HD Theatre production. Superbly done, with super camera work. Released Sept
2009.

Notable quotes:
1. Interviewing a team (Navigator/Driver). Navigator says: "You know if I make
a mistake...we die". And the scene immediately cuts to a 180 degree close-up
(i.e. 5 feet away) of the Tiger you are referring to, sitting on a trailer. It
was a mess.
2. A different driver commenting: "You go out there and think...take it a bit
easy, but the old adrenaline gets going and stupidity takes over. My Co-Driver
was screaming alot...that's always a good sign. I love it when he cries.
Whoever said there is pleasure in pain...was absolutely right".

Both GT - Racer and the Classic Racer series are on RADXC channel (Risk
Adventure Danger).
Both shows focus on 3 teams in vintage events around the world, with good
interviews, in-car and track footage.
In Classic Racer, I've seen glimpses of a Tiger, but not much footage. Much
the footage is from the cockpit of of Shelby Cobra driven by one of the guys
who is also featured in Pan-Americana. Great video and audio.

If you guys aren't watching these shows, call your IPTV or Cable Co. provider
asap!
I seldom ever watch anything more than once, but Carrera Pan-Americana is on
my PVR to stay.
7 days; 3200 km, with 550 km of closed public roads for full speed racing.
When they close 3 lanes of a 6-lane freeway thru Mexico City.
Quoting: "When you race thru the center of the city at 170mph...(expletive)
crazy"!