Re: [Tigers] Driver's Side Fender

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Driver's Side Fender
From: "Thomas Witt" <atwittsend@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2010 16:13:01 -0800
Sorry for the confusion.  It was me interrupting the word "hole" to mean
circular and thus likely "man made" (after manufacture). In my mind I was
seeing openings others had cut on the back side of the inner wheelwell
(attempting) to vent engine heat. But, it seems others are correct about the
fender form following plates in the upper area inside the wheelwell.

Joel, my Tiger's plates were pretty far rusted.  I just made a new set out
of steel sheet.  If you  have one on the other side you can use it as a
template for both sides. Slightly enlarged holes and large fender washers
allow "wiggling" for a tight fit (at the form following fender side).

Theo, - got ya on the MSD location. My "never done" Tiger has an exposed
kick panel and I had a never installed MSD 6A (no limiter) on the shelf.  I
just grabbed it and sure enough it does fit. Actually seems to fit better
backwards for mounting (though a kick panel with a Plexiglas window would
look "cool" showing the red/aluminum heat sinked side).

Tom