Re: [Tigers] Mazda brake comvertion

To: "CoolVT@aol.com" <CoolVT@aol.com>, "wsamouce@kc.rr.com"
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Mazda brake comvertion
From: "Smit, Theo" <Theo.Smit@dynastream.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2011 11:30:28 -0600
If you have suspension on the rear axle then you'll need to have some slack in
the cable or else it will be pulling the rear brake on everytime you go over a
bump. And if you have slack in the cable then you need to have the outer
housing retained at both ends.

With the arrangement of the stock handbrake location, it's not possible to
give either side a 'straight' shot, anyway. I used a Lokar E-brake cable set
that included a very tidy cable retainer for the handbrake end as well as a
nice 2-to-1 coupler. I had to shorten the coupler to fit between the cable
entry and the handbrake location, and space the handbrake inwards about 3/8"
from the stock location, but other than that it worked perfectly.

Theo